1. There are two methods of finding the Seeding page.a. Direct from MANAGE | SEEDING and then choose the event you want b. From the competition homepage, choose Events and then click the event you want. If it has multiple heats you will see something similar to the screen below, with unseeded athletes shown above the empty start list(s):
Click SEEDING & LANE DRAWS. This will take you to the seeding page for this event.
2. You may be taken straight to the Seeding page. If you first want to review your data, click PBs / SBs. From here you can review your athletes' performance data.
If an athlete is lacking data, you can add it on this page. Leaving all cells blank means they will be seeded as the slowest athletes.
Depending on how you have collected your Competitor data, you may have varying amounts of data here.
- During the entry journey, SB, PB and QP can be collected. For clarification this is Season's Best, Personal Best and Qualifying Performance (within past 2 seasons).
- If bulk loading competitor data, you can copy in PB & SB
- By clicking on the athlete from the MANAGE | COMPETITORS screen, you can also add in a Target Time.
The order in which the four data types are used for seeding for are:
1 - Qualifying Performance, 2 - Season's Best, 3 - Target Time, 4 - Personal Best
If you want to seed on a specific factor then you need to remove the irrelevant ones before it in order.
When done, click SAVE and then SEEDING.
3. You should now be on the Seeding screen. This displays the seeding configuration at the top and all your athletes data below.
- Method - The options here are hard coded as per World Athletics ruling:
- Choose from options:
- Fastest last - Athletes will be seeded with the fastest athletes put in the final heat and slowest in the first. Within each heat the athletes will be seeded in an arrowhead formation with the fastest in the middle lanes.
- Fastest first - Athletes will be seeded with the fastest athletes put in the first heat, with athletes getting slower as the heats go. Within each heat the athletes will be seeded in an arrowhead formation with the fastest in the middle lanes.
- Championship - With this method there will be a spread of the talent (fastest athletes) between the heats with a random allocation of lanes within each heat.
- Choose from options:
- Heats - This will be pulled from the Events grid (Round column). Update the number if you have too many/few athletes for the heats specified.
- Max/Heat - Input the maximum number of athletes per each heat
- Max Lanes - Input the maximum lane number (not number of lanes) that you want to use
- Lane Preferences - This will just use standardised lanes unless specified. Click the ? for an explanation on how to edit the lanes used:
Once you have done editing, click the SAVE button and then the SEED button.
4. You will now see a screen with your seeded athletes.
Here you can see, on the right hand side, the lanes and heats that athletes are in.
5. If you want to tweak anything or make slight changes then this is possible via the OVERRIDE button.
From here you can use the buttons on the left to move athletes up and down lanes (from your specified lanes as per the previous page) and buttons on the right to move them between heats.
This can be saved per heat or all in one go when you are done but make sure you do Save!
If you have a really specific start list order then it is possible to manually create this.
Clicking on the event page, accessed from the competition homepage, all athletes entered into the event will be shown, along with their SB, PB and QP if applicable. Click the tool icon, as seen below, and choose EDIT BY LANE.
This will take you to a grid style input screen, which is the same as when you are manually inputting results.
Simply input the lane and the bib number of the athlete. The system will match the bib number to the athlete:
Clicking SHOW ATHLETE DETAILS will give you the further data on the athletes.
When done, click SAVE.
You now have a start list: