Frequently Asked Questions¶
We have compiled a list of FAQs from our customers and clients, and hope these will address many of your questions. Please let us know if there is anything you believe we should add to this list as it is by no means exhaustive!
- How do I open entries?
Go to Manage | Paid Entry Config and change "indiv. entries status" to "open for entries". Ensure that the event is not marked as demo in Manage | Config, if you want it to be displayed on public listings.
- Can I test the event without it going live?
Yes, you can test entries in one of three ways:
- Find your event on the test server https://test-data.opentrack.run/en-gb/x/, and open entries.
- In Manage | Competition Details, mark the event as a demo, which means it is hidden from public listing and is only accessible via the URL, and open entries.
- Keep entries closed, but click onto the event homepage and add /ie to the end of the URL.
- Can I exclude certain age groups from events?
Yes, you can either specify the age groups you want to include (eg. U11,U13,U15,U17,SEN - this excludes U20 athletes), or you can specify ALL and set a minimum age limit in Manage | Config (this includes the age groups U13,U15,U17,SEN).
- When using the license checker, an athlete is showing as “NOT CHECKED”, what does this mean?
We compare the athlete’s details with the federation database license checker (eg. England Athletics checker) - this is the name, DOB and URN. If an athlete thinks they have a valid license, but the checker doesn’t approve them, then check their details exactly match the EA database - the details may not be an exact match (for example using a shortened first name) or may be different in EA’s database (for example an incorrect DOB).
- Can athletes’ performances be taken from Power of 10 and Tilastopaja, for seeding?
Yes, in Manage | Paid Entry Config find the “Qualifying performance” and “PB/SB” boxes, and choose “Optional” or “Required”. This will draw an athlete's performance from Power of 10 or Tilastopaja into the entry journey if a match can be found. However the athlete can overwrite these if they wish (eg. Their PB is in the equivalent event on the track/road).
- What does QP mean?
QP is qualifying performance - generally taken as the athlete’s best performance in the respective event within the previous two seasons.
- An athlete has registered for too many events. Can I withdraw them from a single event?
Yes, in Manage | Entries you can search for the athlete, and then click the pencil icon on the right of the row.
- Can I issue an athlete with a refund?
Yes, in Manage | Entries you can search for the athlete, and then click the $ symbol to the right of the row. Then enter the amount you wish to issue.
Please note, if an athlete withdraws themselves, or you withdraw them, a refund isn’t automatically given.
- Why do athletes appear on the entries list but not the competitors list?
Sometimes the competitors don’t appear immediately, because of a cached page. You can go to Manage | Competitors | Actions | Sync Entries & Recalc, and this should bring all the entries through. It is always a good idea to do this after entries have closed.
- There are athletes who have incomplete entries. Can I contact them about their entry?
Yes, go to Manage | Mailing, and set the recipients to “Unpaid or incomplete entries”.
- How do I grant a user access to the competition page?
Go to Manage | Entries and click “ADD OFFICIAL”. Then enter the details and role for the person in question.
- On the homepage, there is a button labelled DOWNLOADS. What are these?
The downloads are visible to Event Directors, and contain downloadable documents including from paid entries and financial information, entry and start lists, field event cards, and results in the required format for Power of 10.
- The website pages won’t load, and give 502 or Bad Gateway errors - what can I do?
This is to do with Amazon Web Services, who host our servers. Please be patient and check back soon after. If the issue persists, please let contact us via email@example.com.