Documentation for the Paid Entry System¶
Below is a demonstration of setting up the entry process. Further instructions can be found further down the page for a more in-depth explanation of the settings.
Click Manage from your homepage and then choose Paid Entry Config from the left hand side. From here you'll see the Paid Entry Config page.
Most fields are important here but ignore the ones not mentioned:
- Opening date - What day you want entries to open
- Closing date - Date to automatically close entries
- Closing time of day - Time of day on above date
- Maximum events per athletes - set the maximum number of events athletes are allowed to enter
- Indiv. Entries Status - Manually change the entries status between the three drop down options
- Fee Currency - Leave blank as it automatically sets to your country's currency
- Price per Event - Put the standard price for your meeting. Do not put the currency symbol. If your event is free, leave it blank
- One payment for Series - Currently in development and does not do anything (04/08/2021)
- Entry Restricted to clubs - If your event is restricted to select clubs, for example a league match or the Varsity match between Cambridge and Oxford Universities, then enter the codes of the allowed clubs in separate rows (eg. CUAC, OUAC).
- Correct club choice? - If the athlete entered is a registered member of a club in the list provided above but they did not select it then tick this to correct it for them automatically
- Restriction effect - Decide what kind of restriction you impose. Choose between the options of mark as non-scorer but allow entry and do not allow entry
- Restriction custom message - Define a message to give to the entrant if they choose a club not on your list. For example, "Based on the club you have selected, you will be a non-scorer."
- Per Event Surcharges - This grid applies a price modification (discount or surcharge) for every event an athlete enters. For example, if they enter 3 events, the modification will be applied for all 3.
If you are applying the same surcharge to multiple items, for example a £2 discount to athletes entering the HJ or the LJ, then please enter each item in separate rows.
- Choose the "Kind" from the dropdown list. This will specify what type of item the modification is based on: Club, age group, event type, specific event, custom questions
- Type the "Value". This will be the specific item that the price is being modified for. Examples:
- EVENT_ID=R1 (this depends what you label your events as)
- Q1, Q2, Q3: Choose "Options" from your "Custom Questions" grid
- Define the "Change". This will be something like "2.00" or "-2.00" for an additonal £2 or reduction of £2, respectively
- Per Person Surcharges - As above but the discount is just applied just once to the athlete, regardless of the number of events entered
- Price mod. 2+ events - Discount applied for second events. E.g. "-5.00" will mean the second event is 5.00 less than "Price per event". This will be true for all additional events.
- Price mod for license - Apply a discount for those with a national license
- Early discount date 1 - Set the date for when the early discount ends
- Price mod. date 1 - Set the discount for the above
- Early discount date 2 - Set the date for when the second early discount ends
- Price mod. date 1 - (should read "2") - Set the discount for the above
- Chargeable Extras - Add in any extras that you might want to sell. Often more relevant for traditional races!
- Name - Name of your extra, e.g. "Medal"
- Options - E.g. "Small,Medium,Large" for a t-shirt. Entrants choose from a dropdown list
- Price - How much it costs
- Add an athlete - help text - Help text to apply to first stage of entry journey when entrants are adding athletes
- Step 1 - help text - Help text added when confirming athlete details
- Step 2 help text - Help text when choosing club
- Step 3 help text - Help text when choosing events
- Step 4 help text - This step is only valid for Norway
- Step 5 help text - Help text for chargeable extras
- Step 6 help text - Help text for custom questions
- Step 7 help text - Help text for charity donations
- Step 8 help text - In case of emergency details. You must tick the relevant box below
- Basket help text - Help text before payment/confirmation when athletes have their basket showing
- T & C text - Edit your T&Cs that athletes must agree to in order to enter
- Qualifying Performance box - This will provide a box for athletes to type in their QP, which is their best performance within past two seasons. Data will be automatically fetched for athletes that are in Power of 10 or Tilastopaja, although this can be overwritten. Primarily used for seeding. Choose from dropdown list.
- PB / SB box - As above but for PB and SB
- Require Emergency Contact info - Click this if you need emergency contact details to be collected
- Require postal address - As it says
- Require postcode - As it says
- Show charity total - If you are collecting money for charity then the rising total will be displayed on the homepage if this is ticked.
- Charity Share of Entry Fee - If charging an entry fee, you can automatically allocate an amount of it to go to charity. Enter a figure between 0.0 and 1.0. For example, if you are charging an £8 entry fee and £6 goes to charity, you would enter 0.75.
- Charity Title - Enter your Charity
- Charity Subtitle - Subtitle / further info
- Charity Suggested Donation - Suggests an amount for the entrant to donate. They can change it
- Show UK Gift Aid checkbox - As it says - allow athletes to tick to the gift aid box
- Custom Questions - Extra question you want to ask your entrants:
- Label - Type your question
- Typ - Choose from the drop down for the type of answer required
- Options - If it is a closed question, type the available options and separate them separate by a comma
If you head to Manage | Config, then here you can set who is eligible to enter:
- Athlete Eligibility - This relates to the individual entries. Here you can choose whether athletes must be licensed to enter. This only works if OpenTrack has an API to your country's licensing system. If it doesn't, just choose option 6 "anyone".
- If in the UK, choose from the following options only:
- 1 - Current Federation - license strictly required for entries
- 2 - First claim only - license checked but not required
- 6 - Anyone
- If in the UK, choose from the following options only:
Choose who you want to be able to enter the race:
- Allow unattached - Click if athletes can enter without representing a team
- Allow club/organisation - Click so athletes can choose an organisation to represent
- Allow adhoc teams - athletes can choose from adhoc teams created by the organiser when in Manage | Teams
- Allow national teams - provides a dropdown of countries for entrants to choose from
- Allowed organisation types - If you selected "allow club/organisation", tick the relevant organisation types you want to allow
If you want to check your entry journey is as you'd expect you can just make a test entry the next day on the test server.
Here is an example of the entry process for a Virtual Race:
Refunds can be processed by the competition managers, without OpenTrack intervention.
To do so, head to Manage and then click Entries from the left hand side. Find the athlete you wish to issue a refund to. On the right hand side, there is a black circular arrow with $ inside it. Click on this.
You are then taken to the refunds page. Enter the amount you wish to issue to the athlete and select the blue Refund Chosen Payments button, or select the red Fully Refund All Payments button. The amount the athlete has already received is shown on the right hand side, and is updated when a refund is actioned. Please note that OpenTrack and Stripe fees will not refund their fees on the original payment, so you may wish to deduct these from refunded amount received by the athlete or they will be incurred by yourselves.
Team entries can used to allow team managers to bulk enter competitors from their club. Currently, it does not facilitate multi-event or team discounts, and does not take into account event entry limits.
For competitions where entry payments are taken outside of the OpenTrack entry system (or payments are not taken at all), make sure to leave the Enable paid team entry features unticked.